Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Saving Money on Eating Out

Since I'm single and ready to mingle, I don't eat at home as often as my married friends do. So, while I get great deals on groceries, I also get great deals on eating out. Tips for saving money on eating out:

1. Make a list of your favorite fast food restaurants as well as sit down restaurants.
2. Visit each of their websites.
3. Sign up to be on their mailing list. (Chili's will give you free queso just for signing up)
4. Do their survey.
5. Check your receipt. (I get free sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A often because I'll get a receipt that reads "Do this survey and get a free Chick-Fil-A sandwich)
6. Check both sides of your receipt. (Every now and then McDonald's will slide some coupons on the back of their receipts)
7. Check the mail. I get weekly coupons from Arby's Taco Bueno, Popeye's, and IHOP. Less often, I get coupons from Mazzio's, Sonic, and Elephant Bar.
8. Check the paper. I've found coupons for Logan's, Red Lobster, and Olive Garden in the Sunday Paper.
9. Join the club. Some restaurants have memberships for additional savings. (I signed up and got a Warrior Card from P.F. Changs, and I get 10% off my entire bill each time I go. 10% may not seem like a lot, but here in Oklahoma, it at least covers the tax.)
10. Go on the deal day. (I always go to Qdoba on Mondays for lunch. Why? 'Cause it's Dollar Taco day!)
11. Network. If you frequent a place, the Manager may just give you some free coupons just to be nice.

Feel free to share any other methods of saving when you eat out!

No comments:

Post a Comment